Serenity - Income Potential - Rare Lifestyle Opportunity
94 Majors Creek Road, MAJORS CREEK QLD 4816
Lazy Acres Plantation
$1 150 000.00
Overlooking and at the base of picturesque Mount Elliott National Park “Lazy Acres Plantation” is a working Mango and Lychee farm boasting additional income potential currently servicing, established B & B, Farm stay caravans and more, much more.
Following 34 years of devotion and hard work the property comes to market.
*Situated within the fertile rural residential community of Majors Creek, 30 minutes south of Townsville, North Queensland.
*47 kms from Townsville City Centre and 25 minutes to supermarkets
*8kms from Flinders Highway
*27kms from Bruce Highway to Giru
*4kms from Mt Elliott National Park
*Local primary school 7km with a bus service to Townsville
About the Property
40 acres of prime rural land with a 3 bedroom + sleepout Homestead nestled amongst shady tropical gardens exuding character and charm. Additionally, separate B & B accommodation and self-contained caravan Farm Stay.
• Exclusive creek frontage to Majors Creek and Riparian water License
• Blessed with an abundant supply of water
• Rich Alluvial soil
• Income Producing Mango & Lychee Orchards
• A well maintained working irrigation system
• Packing shed and equipment
• Cold room to store 6 pallets
• 5 acres within the orchard for self- contained caravans
• Option to purchase a further 27 acres adjoining
Upon entry you know you have come home. Originally 2 homes transported from Ravenswood and joined you will find a spacious 3 bedroom residence with a sleep out offering extra accommodation. The homestead is constructed of timber with an iron roof and is nestled amongst rambling gardens featuring beautiful historic shade trees.
• Fully Air conditioned throughout
• 5kw Solar Panels
• Ceilings and walls fully insulated
• Master bedroom with built – in robes and ensuite
• 2 other bedrooms with built – in robes
• Study with built -in cupboards
• Timber and Laminate Country kitchen (7.2 m x 3.6m) includes, ample bench space, Dishwasher, Microwave, Wall Oven, Ceramic Hot Plates with Wok Burner, Central Island Bench, 2 Wall mounted fans.
• Large Living Area (258m2)
• East facing Timber Verandah 12 x 6.5 metre
• Family room with remote dining area and large garden/wild life viewing window
• Separate Formal Lounge Room
• Patio and Laundry area (24m2)
• Enclosed front verandah ( sleep out)
• Rinnai gas room heater
• Skylights and whirly birds
• 11 metre solar heated in ground swimming pool with tropical landscaping ( fully fenced to council specifications)
• Extensive shaded paved entertaining areas under trees adjacent to the house and swimming pool
• Greenhouse (30m2) Water Storage tanks with 50 000 litre capacity and 10 000 litres capacity ( Gravity Fed).
B & B and Farmstay
Bambaroo Lodge is a restored heritage railway building, fully self – contained, air-conditioned, with kitchen and rear deck overlooking a private manicured lawn and surrounded by shady fruit trees. A renovated original heritage building adjacent to the shed and swimming pool is currently used as a museum. The Self Contained Caravan Farm stay offers numerous shady sites.
Majors Creek has a spring fed source in Mt Elliott. This is typically a permanent source of water from Majors Creek.
• Riparian rights to Majors Creek.
• High quality underground supplies from within the property x 3 bores.
• Southern Cross windmill with bore.
• 2x 10HP, 3 phase electric pumps with “nutria feed systems”.
• Water is delivered to trees via under tree sprinkler systems.
The Mango & Lychee Orchards are fully operational and profitable with good returns, financial records are available on request.
• Mango orchard 2 300 fruit producing trees
• Lychee orchard 180 fruit producing trees ( netted)
• Fully Irrigated
Shed & Equipment
• Large (365m2) Steel Framed Shed
• 6 Pallet Cold room ( 40m3)
• All equipment and machinery necessary for a fully operational picking and packing system
• All equipment and machinery needed to optimise fruit quality and yields. (Full list supplied on inspection)
• Lazy Acres is blessed with an unlimited water supply of crystal clear underground water and has Riparian rights to Majors Creek.
• Homestead’s large timber verandah has outstanding potential for tea rooms and is currently servicing farm stay caravans and B & B visitors for morning tea.
• Potential for tourist expansion.offering shade secluded caravan site accommodation
Further potential for improving returns from the B & B and Farm Stay
A rare Opportunity with enormous potential.
The location of the this property to Townsville secures the property’s value well into the future, particularly in view of Townsville’s residential growth.
Available for inspection by phoning Michele Adams -0419 719 519 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org